This vegan apple crumble with oats is the perfect, easy dessert. Read on for the recipe!
Apple Crumble with Oats
This apple crumble is made with oats and pecans. You can make this recipe totally gluten free if you use GF oats. I love the combination of cinnamon, apple, and pecans. So delicious and so cosy. The oats go nice and crunchy on top, and warm and soft where they mix with the apple. All around the sides you’ll have lovely caramelised bits. I also like using a tablespoon of corn starch for the apples, it thickens them up.
As for which receptacle to use; I recently bought this lovely cast iron skillet so I opted for that one. But any other oven dish would work. Use whatever is easiest (to clean) ha.
I would also advise to make sure you let the top crisp up! I’d go as far as saying you’d almost rather have this overcooked than undercooked. Okay well not overcooked but you get what I’m trying to say.
To take your apple crumble to the next level, you really need something creamy. It can be anything you fancy. I just added some vegan whipping cream that I had in the fridge. But if you have some vanilla ice cream or maybe some custard, that would be lovely as well. Funnily enough, one of my favourite vegan ice creams is the Madagascan vanilla by Alpro .
This is a lovely dish just to enjoy after a weeknight dinner, to have in the house over the weekend. Or to serve to guests, as it’s minimal effort, maximum deliciousness. Or you could have this crumble for a fancy breakfast too!
Grab the recipe for this vegan apple crumble with oats below!
Looking for more sweet inspiration? Check out this no bake lime cheesecake!
Vegan Apple Crumble with Oats
- 6 apples
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 220 grams oats 2 cups
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 grams pecans ½ cup
- 80 grams brown sugar 4 tbsp
- 85 grams vegan butter/margarine 3 tbsp
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- vegan cream or custard
- preheat oven 180 °C/350 °F.
- peel and cut the apples, add lemon juice, corn starch, cinnamon, brown sugar and mix. add to skillet or lined oven dish.
- in a bowl, mix the oats, a pinch of salt, chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and margarine and mix well.
- add to the apples, make sure the apples are covered and bake for 45 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- serve with some coconut cream or other vegan cream or custard of choice. best served warm.